Monday, May 4, 2009

Arthritis and Lubricant


Let's see, how can I effectively explain to you the roller coaster life I've had these past two weeks? 
Slowly...with much hunting and pecking. 

.....

Sorry about that,  Kitchen Nightmares had me in a trance.

So! These past two weeks centered around the build up and recovery process of my birthday. As Petro so lovingly tells me, I have entered a new demographic. Older, yes. Wiser? We'll see what the critics say after they read my memoirs...

Work has been tough as of late. Apparently I seem to have an invisible sign on my face reading "bred for manual labor."  They WORKED me to the bone. Lifting boxes, climbing stairs all day all the while serving customers with a sweaty glint to my smile. 

It was particularly busy as we were preparing for the restaurant's opening night. A swanky night filled with wine, canapes, and a guest list with more artificial body parts it made my humble jubblies look like diamonds in the rough. Needless to say the party was a hit and I bumped shoulders with investors, the owners, and many of influential people that could potentially help with my future endeavors. We shall see...

.....

Sorry I just finished watching House (shut up I hardly know what TV is anymore...)

And now for our entertainment news. I saw Wolverine and it satisfied my Hugh cravings but the cheese factor was a little too much for my lactose intolerant stomach. The rest of the weekend was spent drinking and watching Opeth live. Saturday began with an innocent pint of Moosehead, however, 14 shots and another two pints later I was bowled over getting a nice visual of my Coconut Curried Shrimp reincarnated on the terrace of McKibbin's.  Amazingly I was still able to communicate during this heaving ordeal. Albeit archaic and basic but hand gestures still constitute a form of conversation...damn it. 

Opeth was excellent of course, unfortunately Liya and I had to leave early as I was still suffering from the previous night's debauchery as well as the nauseating fact that it was fucking stifling in that venue.  All was well though and we made it home in one piece. 

What tied all these events together and made them even more enjoyable was the wonderful company I had. Nothing soothes an unsettled stomach than friends cheering you on and telling me that I'll be okay. Of course they say these things as they take pictures of me in compromising positions. God I love em...

I did enjoy my "prepping" of the events though. I looked more scratched up than Amistad by Saturday afternoon and in my haze of early Sunday morning I managed to still remain desirable after a heavy session of brushing my teeth. I'm still grinning...

Today was a slow day at work, nothing too thrilling. My boss has been coming in later in the day so that can either mean she trusts us more or she's just being a lazy ass. Whatever, I stopped giving a crap a long time ago. 


It's taken me almost 4 hours to type this post....goddamn TV and your wonderous ways....

No comments:

Post a Comment