Monday, April 13, 2009

Bananas and Espressos...

So I'm sitting down now with the full intention of updating my blog but for some strange reason this Arabic movie is making me procrastinate, and only after 30 mins have I decided to type. This is what happens when my mother is home....the soap operas and dramas come back full force!

So these past two weeks have been fun filled indeed.  Mostly on the weekends though, during the week it's just one agonizing day of repetition after another. But something has changed: I no longer am working at the bank now. I am now a counter girl/ waitress/ espresso wench serving a rich clientele at a snazzy new restaurant downtown.  

Actually it's pretty cool and the girls I work with are very down to earth.  So it's a nice change from the unrecognized labor of contract work at the bank. Of course they let me go without any previous notice and told me that I was such a hard worker and was a great part of their team. Same song and dance as usual. Although they paid me fairly decently I don't know if I want to do another contract with them. I'm quite sick and tired of being taken advantage of and having no job security. Yea the restaurant pays less, but at least I know they'll need me and I won't get screwed over because I'm one of the very few full timers that they have.  And it's better than sitting on my ass listening to people bitch at me over the phone. 

It's only April and it's my fourth job...My schedule is crap and I'll most likely be working on my birthday but whatever, I need the cash.

Now let's see, last weekends activities were quite diverse: I watched an Iron Maiden tribute concert on Saturday and on Sunday I went to my godson's 2nd birthday...sober too.  So it was a weekend filled with spandex, wigs, drunken middle aged men, screaming babies, and cupcakes. Oh and I got to see a big ass Walmart in Vaudreuil, apparently it's the largest one in Quebec so needless to say I was kinda scared most of the time but I think I hid it well...only a few minor twitches.  

Oh there was a strange man at Foufs who looked like a cross between Cory Hart and Sammy Davis Jr (but white and angry) who decided to make our table his own and leave his empty glass at our area. So obviously I put it back at his, he huffs up as if someone just twisted his panties and called me a bitch and other obscenities only because I did not appreciate him throwing his weight around. Whatever, it was a completely hilarious situation because he looked so out of place at the bar. Looks like I hurt his feelings...awww...

This weekend was spent watching British comedy, drunken hooligans getting arrested on the streets, and old men trying to pick up on young ugly women. Yes...I went to Thursdays. Granted we were on the terrace most of the time so we were out of the line of fire from roving nasty male eyes.  But we did have the temptation of going to the "disco" downstairs just for kicks but we were too lazy to go through coat check. Ah well...

Of course each weekend had a delightful backdrop of delicious torment and recovery that seems to test our limits as the weeks roll by. A constant reminder of what happened and what will happen. I ain't complainin' ;)

Since it's been two weeks since my last entry, I am missing quite a few cute little details that would've made this entry much more riveting. But I guess this will have to do for now. And hey, I'm working at a restaurant now catering to the wealthy so I'm definitely bound to get some gold material hehehehe


No comments:

Post a Comment