Friday, February 13, 2009

Colder Than a Witch's Tit

Yes, that cold. I actually stopped myself from grunting as I was walking to the metro, that's how nasty Montreal weather is. 

Now I'm all warm and snuggled inside my miniscule bed, ah these are the moments that make life worth living. 

Today was a day dedicated to my friends; whether it was helping them in their homework, man troubles, or just spending time with them...my goal was to put a smile on their faces.  

Some people have friends that they've known since they were toddlers, I on the other hand didn't find true friendship until I started working and going to college.  Everyone else before that gave me nothing but disappointment.  I think you begin to appreciate your friendships more as you meet them at an older age. I seem to notice also that people hold on to friendships only because they've known them for so long, not because they've been a good friend.  I can't think that way.  I can't put myself through frustration and denial just to not hurt the other person's feelings.  People grow and change, sometimes faster than others.  

I am fiercely loyal to the friends I have now, and I know without a doubt that backstabbing will never occur. Oh of course there will be times where I want to rip off one of their heads in frustration or shake them violently because they don't know their way around the Eaton Center(you know who you are...) but these moments are just in passing.  

On several occasions it has been suggested that I move to Toronto or even New York because I would have a better chance of developing my career.  I've been told that there isn't really a market profitable enough in my field in Montreal and that I would have better chances elsewhere. I was also told that because I have no ties here that it would be easier for me to move....meaning not being in a relationship.  However, unless I give it the best shot I could in this city, I would never know for sure whether I would make the right decision or not.  And leaving the family of friends that I made here would leave me depressed, truly.

Besides I'm too broke to even fathom moving. 

So no, moving out of the city is just not an option for me right now, and hopefully it never will be.  As much as this city is full of idiots and bipolar weather, it is where I grew up as an adult and became the person I am.  I will continue to bitch about the snow that I am waist deep in, complain about the week long summer, and yell at the language police...but all this just adds to its charm, and I really wouldn't have it any other way.  

By the way, Happy Friday the 13th kids ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment