Monday, February 9, 2009

Eyes that squint like Rene Zellweger

Apparently that's what I have when I hardly have a wink of sleep. Ever notice that after Bridget Jones she seems to always have an English-esque accent in her later films?....just an observation.

So I managed to survive the day with zero travesties, however on the metro ride home I scared a few children with my glazed stares and jolts of waking up, and random snorting.  

I did receive some good news, I will be having a phone interview with the bank of choice next week...I've been aching for that particular job for quite a while now so I'm happy the ball is finally rolling.  Steady income here we come!!! I swear you know when you're broke when you know exactly how much money you have in your account...to the cent.

An interesting conversation I had last night brought me to the contemplation of the varying degrees of calling someone a "dork." We all know what it means, who we envision as we think of the word, and how to use it. But have you ever thought of variations on dorkness...like is there an uber dork, sub dork, quasi dork, flaming dork? I only ask this because simply calling someone a dork just isn't enough. You know they fit in that category but feel you must put some extra adjective in front of dork in order to satisfy the effect.  

And now I have given the perfect example of someone who is a flaming dork...

2 comments: