Monday, February 16, 2009

Cubicle Claustrophobia

As much as the place may be neat and clean...I was feeling major cabin fever working there.  My "work area" was very tight and we had actual phones instead of an automatic dialer/ headset thingy.  And since I'm so used to numerical typing I had to stop myself from dialing client numbers on the keyboard...and not on the actual phone... But considering it is a telemarketing place I was pretty pleased with the job. It's basically straight forward surveys and I don't need to annoy people if they don't want to talk. And yes I was a goof by being excited about my first completed survey....

Our trainer was a special sort of man: Gangly and old he smelled of sour death and coffee and made me contemplate why I showered since he kept spraying his point to everyone. But other than that it was bearable. 

And now for the weekend update: It was most excellent :) 

Firstly on V-day, Marie-Eve and I went to a swank event hosted by our dear friends at Horsemen Entertainment.  Everyone had to wear red or mahogany and the venue was at Le Crystal hotel.  See now the invite said to be there for 8, and we wanted to be fashionably late so we get there for 10:30. Lo and behold we're the only ones there. So we get a drink and chill.  Soon after we see our friend the DJ and he sways over to us and says "Next time you go to a black people party show up at 1."  So we cackled, finished our drink and headed out to get some grub to sustain us for the night.

We hit Crescent and find a small little Italian resto that had decent prices. We walk in and it's mayhem:  Middle aged men and woman dancing on tables and singing along to some guy at a piano.  We managed to get seated and served right away...and I must say that our waiter was quite the piece of eye candy. Young though but he served a purpose. We dined and as we left he did something cute and got us two roses from a nearby vase...my first rose of the year.  

So we head back to the hotel and the party is finally jammin'. Music is pumpin' and people are starting to come in.  We spent the night chatting with people and getting our picture taken by the photographer. Good times indeed. 

I took a few pics myself but they came out so nasty I won't even grace my friends on Crackbook with them...even I have standards.  However we did look smashing: Marie-eve and I had the whole Victorian goth thing going on. But I'm positive she was much more comfortable than I. I decided to squeeze myself in a corset AND a tight skirt...on the ride home I was becoming delirious from the lack of oxygen and constant pressure on my ribs.  But by the time I crawled my ass into bed I was able to feel my arms again. Ah the things we do...

Sunday was a lazy day but in the evening Soula and I dined at Petro's place and satisfied out Dr. Who addiction by watching a few episodes of season 4. I almost had a conniption from the new revelations. You all will join the movement once I'm through with you...

Now I'm going to satisfy another addiction.....Nutella.

No comments:

Post a Comment