Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Strawberries and Sugar

Can't get sweeter than that, no? I needed it considering what crap I went through these past two days. 

Yesterday wasn't too horrible, I was just so tired when I came home I fell asleep at 7:30, I felt like a senior citizen. Today however was a tad different. I start my day at work fairly decently, but as the hours progressed I began to learn more about the office politics at this particular bank. 

Firstly, let's set the atmosphere: I am the youngest person on that floor, and most likely the only girl not going through menopause or experiencing chronic hot flashes. Also, everyone is on contract, so it can get a little discouraging as you have aspirations of moving up in the company when you've seen people on contract for years with no sight for advancement. 

I finish my shift at 4:30, but at 4 my boss vaguely told me that today is my last day and that my help would not be needed anymore. Way to give me notice lady! It's almost a double edged sword: you bust your ass to get recognized, and when you are seen as a good producer, they use you dry until there is nothing left.  Ah, the joys of banking...

On a good note though I am going to be working for a survey joint next week. So yea I'm back on the phones...ugh. 

Three jobs in two months...my tax return is going to be fabulous. 

I am still tutoring though, although I am mainly doing it for the money, I forgot how rewarding and fun it is. I'd do it for free if money wasn't an issue.  

Oh, I'm buying my Opeth tickets on friday!!!!! I'm so excited :D


No comments:

Post a Comment